Thursday, May 12, 2011

Watching America's Next Top Model

As I'm writing this, I am indeed watching America's Next Top Model. That's because I AM HOME IN AMERICA. (I don't even really like ANTM, I'm just too lazy to get up and get the remote, another reason I know I'm in America).

I truly can't believe it. I can't believe four months can go so quickly. Or that I can have so many great memories from such a short amount of time. I'm not adept enough at writing to try to put those four months into any kind of good sentence or paragraph or anything.

But everyone should study abroad. Everyone. It's been the best experience of my life so far. I keep trying to explain it to everyone here at home, but I end up fumbling for the right words to say.

It was incredible. Absolutely incredible. I am going to miss my roommates, my housemates, and seeing the Rhône River out my window. I am going to miss shopping at Migros, Coop, and Manor. I am going to miss eating frozen pizzas and turkey sandwiches for every meal. I am even going to miss the snobby French/Swiss/Genevois. I am going to miss the Swiss Franc (although I do appreciate American prices), and I am going to miss the walls of chocolate everywhere. I am going to miss the incredible weather of Europe.

It seems weird now to recap my travels from my couch in Ohio, but I still need to share photos and thoughts from Ireland, the Canaries, Mallorca, and Paris.

Now, all I have are pictures, memories, and a bit of confetti from Carnevale in Rome. But this trip and the people in it will be with me for the rest of my life.

Europe, je t'aime.

No comments:

Post a Comment